Translate

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Day #3 - My Spanish Teacher (and Class Participation)

So, you may not know this, but I am a junior in high school. I have hopes and dreams of going to good colleges, looking at Wake Forest right now, although my extracurriculars are not so good. Anyway, back to the point.

I have a 4.007 GPA, weighted I think, but still pretty good. I am doing fine in some of my classes, including an AP English and some other courses, yet I have one class that sucks ... Spanish.

While yes, it is only Spanish 3, not AP Spanish 6 Heritage or whatever they call it, it is weighted so that I need to do well in that class in order for my GPA to stay above 4.0. However, this Spanish teacher of mine is an awful teacher. I am an introverted person, so as you can imagine, having to go to school everyday is draining enough, let alone what this teacher has me do. Also, my ADHD affects my learning skills, but I take medication for that.

So everyday, she demands eye contact from all her students for the full hour long class. If I don't stare into her eyes all period, she marks me down and takes points off my class participation. This gets me very annoyed.

Also, she wants me to speak and answer a question every day. This is manageable for me in every other class of mine, but not Spanish class.
My class is filled with many try-hard overachieving freshman. They somehow know Spanish fluently,  or something like that.

I try to answer questions, but being how I am introverted, and not Spanish or fluent in it, I often take time to try to formulate an answer, yet by the time I am ready to move on, one of the try-hard freshmen answer and the class moves on.
This obviously puts me at a huge disadvantage, and lowers my grade.

I just wish that education today was more geared to equally educate extroverts and introverts, not force introverts to "fake it till you make it"

Rant over for now, but Obama, do something good for once and make public schools allow introverts to participate in new ways such as writing down their thoughts and answers during class.
Till next time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment